- In Stock
|150mg x 60 tablets||$121.00||$2.02|
|150mg x 120 tablets||$237.00||$1.98|
|150mg x 180 tablets||$342.00||$1.90|
|150mg x 240 tablets||$441.00||$1.84|
|150mg x 360 tablets||$629.00||$1.75|
What is Generic Xeloda?
Xeloda< or Capecitabine< is a cancer drug that controls the growth of cancer cells and stops them from spreading to other parts of body. It is used to treat colon cancer, breast cancer< or colorectal cancer<.
Method of Dosage< of Generic Xeloda
For expert’s advise reach your nearest hospital and take a prescription for Xeloda tablets. Or read the Patients’ Information Leaflet available at your pharmacist before taking Xeloda and refill Xeloda. Get your queries cleared from your doctor or local pharmacist.
Xeloda is an oral drug in the form of tablet to be swallowed with a glass of water twice a day in the morning and in the evening. Take the tablet within 30minutes after the meal. Do not crush or split the tablet. Just follow doctor’s instructions and complete the duration of course or therapy as advised by your expert. Inform your doctor in case you have difficulty in swallowing the tablet. Your dosage is based on your medical condition, body size and your response to treatment. Do not self-medicate with this drug and take it as prescribed by expert. If you voluntarily increase the dose you are prone to serious side effects.
Pregnant women should particularly stay away from this drug as it is likely to harm their foetus. They are not even supposed to breathe the dust of this drug!
Precautions to be taken while taking Xeloda
- Firstly make sure you are not allergic to Capecitabine< or 5 Fluorouracil. The inactive ingredients of the drug can cause you allergic reaction. Talk to your pharmacist or medical expert to be sure.
- Your doctor should know your entire medical history particularly if you have any heart ailments, surgery, loss of enzyme (dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase –DPD), blood disorders (bone marrow suppression), kidney or liver condition.
- Capecitabine< or Xeloda< can worsen your existing infections viz. chickenpox, measles and flu. Consult your medical expert in case you have been exposed to any of the infections lately.
- Stay away from people who had live vaccines for infections like flue. Do not have immunization/ vaccinations without your doctor’s knowledge.
- Do not get injured in any way. Avoid bruises or cuts with sharp objects like knives, razors and nail cutters
- The drug makes you vulnerable to direct sunlight so avoid getting under the sun. Use sunscreen and protective clothing while moving out in sun. Avoid tanning of skin. Get help in case of getting sun burns or have skin blisters/redness.
- In case you regularly take alcohol or any narcotic drug then report about the same to your health expert. The drug induces drowsiness so avoid venturing out under its influence as it may cause accidents.
- If you are going for any surgery or dental implant inform your doctor about all prescription/OTC and herbal drugs taken by you
- Older people are more sensitive to the side effects especially nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, and hand-foot syndrome.
- Avoid getting pregnant while you are under the therapy of Xeloda or Capecitabine. Those on birth control pills should be cautious as the drug can hamper the effect of your pill creating unwanted pregnancy. Always keep in touch with your doctor under such circumstances.
- Those women who are pregnant should strictly stay away from this medicine or the dust of its tablets.
- Avoid breastfeeding your infant while you take this drug.
Alarming side effects of Capecitabine
Stop taking the drug immediately and inform your doctor if any of these side effects occur:
- Severe Nausea
- Stomach upset/pain
- Sores in mouth/tongue or painful redness or swelling in mouth
- Difficulty in swallowing food
Avoid drug interactions< of Generic Xeloda
If you are regularly taking prescription/OTC or herbal drugs for any existing condition inform your doctor about the same. Your doctor will guide you accordingly to avoid any drug interaction with Capecitabine or Xeloda. Avoid medicines that have fluorouracil as they can interact with Capecitabine.
In case of missed dose of Capecitabine
In case you have missed or skipped particular dose then take it when you remember it. But if you are approaching close to your next scheduled dose then just forget the missed dose and carry on with the new dose. Do not take double dose to compensate with the missed dose as it can lead to serious health complications and even medical emergency.
In case of accidental overdose of Capecitabine
In case of accidental overdose just reach the patient/victim to your nearest medical emergency centre and report poisoning.
Is Generic Xeloda as good as the branded one?
As a mandatory process all generic mediations have to undergo certain tests in order to prove them equivalent to branded medications. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) analyses the results of these tests to decide whether the generic versions are as effective as the brand-name drugs that are sold at premium cost. The body assigns rating to each of these generic drugs. Generic drugs that have been rated “AB” are declared to be as effective as the branded drugs. Generic Xeloda versions currently sold in the market have been rated “AB” and therefore are safe to be consumed.