- In Stock
|20mg x 50 tablets||$29.95||$0.60|
|20mg x 100 tablets||$49.95||$0.50|
|20mg x 200 tablets||$89.95||$0.45|
|20mg x 300 tablets||$119.95||$0.40|
|20mg x 500 tablets||$169.95||$0.34|
|20mg x 1000 tablets||$319.95||$0.32|
What is Generic Nolvadex used for?
The drug is used to treat breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body. It is also prescribed with other drugs to treat different types of breast cancer. Women who have undergone surgery and radiation (DCIS) and those who are at high risk of getting breast cancer are treated with this drug. This drug is an anti-estrogen. It works by blocking the effect of estrogen on certain tumors. This prevents the further growth of tumors activated by estrogen.
What is the other name of Generic Nolvadex?
The other name of the drug is Tamoxifen tablet which blocks the effects of estrogen. It is used to treat breast cancer commonly found in women. It is also used to control the revival of cancer in women who have undergone treatment, chemotherapy and other therapies to get rid of it earlier. If taken at the right time it prevents breast cancer in women who are at high risk of developing the disease.
What does your health expert need to know about you?
Before you start with the dose of Tamoxifen tablets you should consult with your health expert and let him know the following conditions if you have any:
- Allergy to Tamoxifen or any of its non-active ingredients
- You have blood clots or similar disease of blood
- You are taking Anastrozole or Warfarin
- You have cataract or impaired sight
- You have high cholesterol
- You have liver disease
- You had stroke
- You have irregular MC
- You have uterine fibroids
- You are pregnant or planning to be pregnant soon
- You breast feed your baby
- You take birth control pills
Besides, you need to give a list of all the drugs (prescribed/OTC/herbal) you have been taking regularly to your health care expert. You should check and make sure whether it is safe to take Nolvadex tablets with you regular drugs. Also let him know if you smoke or take alcoholic drinks on regular basis. Do not stop or change the dose of your regular drug without consulting your doctor.
How do I take the dose of Generic Nolvadex?
- Take the dose as prescribed by your health expert. Follow his instructions closely.
- Take the dose with water with or without food
- Swallow the whole tablet without splitting, crushing or chewing
- Continue with your dose even after you feel fine. Stop the dose after consulting health expert
- Notify your doctor if you plan to get pregnant while you are on dose
In case of missed dose of Generic Nolvadex
- Take the missed dose of Generic Nolvadex as soon as you remember
- If you are close to your next scheduled dose then continue with it and ignore the missed dose. Do not take double dose to compensate with the missed one. Overdose can further complicate your health condition and lead to medical emergency.
Precautions to be taken for Generic Nolvadex
- Regular pelvic tests, breast tests (mammography) should be done while you are on Generic Nolvadex. Note that this drug does not prevent all types of breast cancer.
- Don’t get pregnant while you are on this drug or for 2months after stopping this drug
- Do not take birth control pills while you are on this drug
- Do not breastfeed your baby while you are on this drug
Side effects of Generic Nolvadex
You need to report to your health expert in case of following side effects:
- Blurred vision
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Respiratory problems
- Movement restrictions
- Breast lumps
- Pelvic pain or pressure
- Bloody or brownish vaginal discharge
- Yellowing of eyes
- Swelling of lips, face or tongue
Less worrisome side effects of Generic Nolvadex
Following are the side effects of Generic Nolvadex that should not concern you in a big way. Only consult your health expert if they persist for a long time
- Impotence (in men)
- Nausea, vomiting
- White or clear vaginal discharge
Is Generic Nolvadex as good as the branded one?
As a mandatory process all generic mediations have to undergo certain tests in order to prove them equivalent to branded medications. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) analyses the results of these tests to decide whether the generic versions are as effective as the brand-name drugs that are sold at premium cost. The body assigns rating to each of these generic drugs. Generic drugs that have been rated “AB” are declared to be as effective as the branded drugs. Generic Tamoxifen versions currently sold in the market have been rated “AB” and therefore are safe to be consumed.