- In Stock
|50mg x 50 tablets||$29.95||$0.60|
|50mg x 100 tablets||$54.95||$0.55|
|50mg x 150 tablets||$79.95||$0.53|
|50mg x 200 tablets||$99.95||$0.50|
|50mg x 300 tablets||$144.95||$0.48|
|50mg x 400 tablets||$174.95||$0.44|
|50mg x 500 tablets||$199.95||$0.40|
|50mg x 1000 tablets||$349.95||$0.35|
|50mg x 2000 tablets||$639.95||$0.32|
Clomophene is a fertility drug recommended for women having ovulation related issues (called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in medical terms) that renders them infertile. The drug, both branded and generic, causes the pituitary gland to release hormones needed to stimulate ovulation (that is release of an egg from the ovary). This process in general terms is called artificial ovulation. This drug is recommended for women whose husbands are fertile and potent.
Therapy rules for Generic Clomid
The timing of sexual intercourse is very crucial to maximise the chances of conceiving. The medical expert (gynaecologist/fertility expert) will decide the need to continue with the dose of Generic Clomiphene. If the ovulation does not occur after 3 treatment cycles of drug or if you do not reach the stage of pregnancy after 3 ovulations then the doctor stops the therapy.
Is Generic Clomid as effective as branded?
Generic medicines have to essentially go through certain tests to prove their effectiveness and attain a rating that certifies them to be used as substitutes to branded medicines. FDA has given “AB” rating to generic Clomid. This obviously means the affectivity of generic Clomid is equivalent to the branded version of the drug. However the generic Clomid may have different ingredients that may pose quite a few problems to women who are allergic to those ingredients. So you have to consult your doctor and then start the therapy.
General precautions to be taken for Generic Clomid
- This drug is strictly not meant for women who are already pregnant
- Don’t take Clomiphene it you have liver disease, abnormal vaginal bleeding, uncontrolled adrenal gland or thyroid problem or if you have ovarian cyst.
- Check whether you are allergic to the medicine
- Clomiphene is not advised for nursing women as the drug can pass through breast milk and possibly harm the foetus
- Prolonging the drug dose beyond 3 treatment cycles is likely to increase your chances of developing an ovarian tumour which is a serious complication. Keep your doctor informed about any such development.
- Artificial ovulation process may even lead to multiple births (twins, triplets) which in process develops potential risk to both mother and babies during the time of delivery.
Take the drug as directed
Fertility drug Clomiphene has to be taken exactly as directed by your doctor. You need to strictly follow his instructions on the drug. The doctor is likely to change your dose occasionally to ensure best results. Do not overdose.
Observation during the treatment cycle:
- The fertility drug is taken for 5 days starting from the 5th day of menstrual period. During this treatment cycle you are required to be under constant medical observation of a professional medical expert.
- Your ovulation begins within 5 to 10 days after you take Clomiphene. Pelvic examination by expert at regular intervals takes place during this process.
- You are required to have sexual intercourse during the period of ovulation to increase your chances of getting pregnant.
- Close monitoring and recording of body temperature every morning after taking Clomiphene helps you determine the exact time of ovulation.
- 3 treatment cycles are enough to attain artificial ovulation to begin. If you do not attain pregnancy within 3 treatment cycles your doctor will stop the treatment and evaluate your infertility further.
- The drug is likely to cause blurred vision so be careful if you are driving or doing anything that requires physical and mental alertness.
Possible side effects of Clomiphene:
- Signs of allergic reaction are generally developing hives, breathing problems, swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat
- Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome (OHSS) is another side effect of the fertility drug and its symptoms are given below:
- Abdominal pain, bloating
- Diarrhoea, vomiting or nausea
- No urination or below normal frequency
- Sudden weight gain in face and midsection
- Galloping heart rate, breathing issues while lying down
- You need to consult your doctor immediately if you experience:
- Persisting pelvic pain or increasing pressure in pelvic area
- Experiencing floaters in vision
- Extreme sensitivity of eyes to light
- Continuous vaginal bleeding
- Less worrisome or common side effects include:
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Flushing (warmth, redness or tingly feeling)
- Breakthrough bleeding or spotting