- In Stock
|500mg x 30 tablets||$20.00||$0.67|
|500mg x 50 tablets||$32.00||$0.64|
|500mg x 70 tablets||$40.00||$0.57|
|500mg x 100 tablets||$50.00||$0.50|
|500mg x 150 tablets||$71.00||$0.47|
|500mg x 250 tablets||$107.00||$0.43|
|500mg x 500 tablets||$190.00||$0.38|
What causes bacterial infection?
Bacterial infection is mostly spread through coughs, sneezes, Vomits, bites from infected animals or insects, exposure to infected fluids through activities such as sexual intercourse and through infected hands (forgetting to wash hands before eating after handling pets or doing household chores without proper protection).
Natural curing process of bacterial infection
Our body’s immunity system reacts to disease causing bacteria by increasing local flow of blood and cells to attack and destroy the bacteria. Antibodies by immune system stick to bacteria and help in destroying them.
Curing with antibiotics
Infections that overpower the immunity system of the body can be treated with antibiotics like Amoxicillin. These antibiotics work by unsettling the bacterium’s metabolic process. Local dispensaries and hospitals help in immunisation to prevent major bacterial diseases such as Hemophilus Influenza Type B (Hib), tetanus and whooping cough.
Generic Amoxicillin and bacterial infection?
Bacterial infections viz. Tonsillitis, Pneumonia, ear infection, gram positive and gram negative infections can be cured by Amoxicillin. Also infections like bronchitis, salmonella (food poisoning), urinary tract infection, sinus infection and Gonorrhea in combination with other drugs is used for treating intestinal ulcers.
The drug halts the growth of bacteria in human body. Depending on the severity of infection or disease the medical practitioner prescribes exact dose of anti-biotic medicine Amoxicillin. The drug destroys the walls of bacteria due to which they are unable to keep their contents together. Also the effect of anti-biotic drug deprives bacteria of required nourishment for it to survive and multiply (grow). Thus slowly the person’s health is revived back to normal. Taking Amoxicillin for a longer time than prescribed increases bacteria’s resistance to the drug and progressively the effect of the drug is nullified by the bacteria.
Dose of Generic Amoxicillin
For adults 250mg to 500mg three times a day is prescribed depending on the severity of bacterial infection. In paediatric patients 100mg to 150mg thrice a day is recommended. In case of ear, nose or throat infection generic Amoxicillin of strength 200mg to 400mg is prescribed three times a day. Generic Amoxicillin dose of 500mg thrice a day is recommended for patients suffering from sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea.
Amoxicillin is taken orally with water at least 1hr before lunch or 2 to 3 hrs after the lunch.
Side effects of Generic Amoxicillin
There is a list of common side effects experienced after you take a dose of Amoxicillin. But these effects vary from person to person. Before taking the dose make sure whether you are allergic to antibiotics. Some of the side effects include anaphylaxis, trouble in breathing, closing of your throat, hives, swelling of your lips, fact or tongue, rash or fainting. Get in touch with your doctor if in case you experience any of the above-mentioned symptoms.
Other side effects of Generic Amoxil include:
- Sore mouth or tongue
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Watery diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps
- Frequent urination
Precautions to be taken for Generic Amoxil
To take generic Amoxicillin you need proper prescription from a doctor, pharmacist or medical expert.
- Possible infection with mycotic or bacterial pathogens should be kept in mind while administering the dose of Amoxicillin. If infections reoccur it should be discontinued and you should meet your doctor.
- You are not supposed to take a dose of Amoxicillin in the absence of proven or diagnosed bacterial infection or prophylactic indication as it may develop drug resistant bacteria in your body which is again harmful to your immunity system.
- Those with kidney disorders should take doctor’s advice before taking Amoxicillin.
- People with blood pressure should consult with their doctors before taking Amoxicillin.
- If you are prone to intestinal disease or infectious mononucleosis inform your doctor before taking the drug.
- Those having allergy to penicillin or cephalosporin should first consult doctor.
- The drug is FDA approved for pregnant women as a category B drug. So it doesn’t harm the foetus in any ways. Hence Amoxicillin is considered safe for use during pregnancy but in any case you need to consult your doctor before taking it.
- The drug should not be taken in combination with Aholestyramine or colestipol, birth control pills, tetracycline, minocycline and doxycycline.
- Mothers nursing babies with their milk should ideally not take the drug without consulting the doctor as it passes through breast milk and can cause yeast infection to the infant.